WHOLESALE PRODUCTION FACILITY MANAGER
EMAIL RESUME TO [email protected]
The ideal candidate will be someone who is experienced in making naturally leavened breads, and creating authentic French-style viennoiserie, in addition to being familiar with a variety of pre-ferments as well as working with yeasted dough. In addition to the technical knowledge behind bread production we are looking for a hands-on team leader who has the dynamic personality to organize and inspire a small but diverse team of bakers. We want a creative individual who is not only passionate about bread but possesses an acute aesthetic sense and is able to communicate these details to others to ensure that all bread products are exceptional in both appearance and flavor.
- Maintaining consistent attendance & punctuality. (Must have a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.)
- A full understanding of the artisan baking process, including the order of production and the effects on the final product.
- Setting and maintaining daily production schedules
- Creating and maintaining pars, ensuring proper stock levels and ensuring timely ordering.
- Communicating clearly with others verbally and in writing while maintaining a positive working environment. (Spanish language skills are preferred)
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the production areas. (An ability to effectively breakdown machinery for daily cleaning and preventative maintenance in necessary.)
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time and repetitively lift fifty pounds safely.
- Strong math skills and advanced understanding of Bakers Math.
- Advanced multitasking with an attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently within time sensitive deadlines.
- Operation of computer based production and inventory systems.
- Managing incoming wholesale orders and maintaining client/vendor relationships.
- Managing packing and route delivery organization of wholesale products.
- Maintaining shift schedules for bread bakers.
- Establishing and maintaining procedures and training materials which will allow less experienced staff to work independently while maintaining the highest of standards.
- Training and mentoring new staff, inclusive of providing formal and informal feedback and performance reviews.
- Continually experiment with new ideas, new ingredients and new methodologies.
This is a full-time salaried position where the salary will be dependent on and commensurate with the candidates experience. We offer insurance coverage and 401K plan based on tenure, in addition to 4 weeks of paid vacation in the spring and the fall. Housing assistance is possible dependent on the candidate.