Persephone is seeking an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious cuisine in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes assigned by the Executive Chef.
A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all ServSafe health and safety regulations in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a fun-loving and positive crew.
- Execute prep lists created by chefs according to recipes
- Diligently label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible using a F.I.L.O. method
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in recipes
- Prepare ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes when needed, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as a prep cook
- Knowledge of ServSafe health and safety regulations
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A positive attitude and a team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- Friendly and courteous to staff and customers
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary
- school preferred