As the FOH general manager, you are the leader of the floor management team. Your job is to get the morning started off, on time, and in an organized manner. You are to maintain a constant and consistent presence in the café FOH. In addition to providing customer service, your role is to oversee all coordination of customer service and help direct staff to more efficiently provide excellent customer service.
- Consistently exceed guest expectations. The best way is to lead your staff by example!
- Develop a motivated and high performing team committed to delivering clear goals.
- Be a change agent, constantly reviewing service procedures
- Work closely with the Café Head Chef to ensure a seamless operation.
- Develop a culture of actively seeking feedback from customers on a regular basis.
- Implement actions to continuously improve the guest experience
- Create, deliver and measure promotional activities, including staff incentives
- To provide a clear handover during shift changes.
- Within the department, support a culture of pride, ownership and desire to exceed expectation
- Review all waste on a daily basis and adjust pars weekly
- Order all non-sysco items needed for café- based off of weekly inventory
- Manage cafe retail inventory including entering into POS system, reordering, restocking and general inventory management
- Manage setup of POS system, online ordering system and any other digital ordering platform
- Balancing registers, distributing tips,
- Manage all employees’ performance in line with job descriptions.
- Ensure all departmental staff work hygienically and productively
- Ensure a safe workplace by identifying and reporting hazards and taking corrective action
- Create staff Incentives
- Write a weekly email to be sent to all FOH employees. This email should be a review of the previous week, highlighting above and beyond efforts, new policies, service reminders, etc and a quiz question.
- Managing vacation requests and weekly hours
401K, Insurance, Paid Vacation,