There are a few obvious requirements for early summer camping in the Tetons—a site with a view, a firepit, s’mores fixings and definitely bug spray. Our own love for the mountains influences most every selection at Persephone Bakery, and we find ourselves reaching into the Café shelves when preparing for a night under the stars. Herewith a few of our Summer Camping Must-Haves:
• Lake front campsite at Signal Mountain (or even better, the group site on Elk Island with a boat to get you there)
• Trusty Coleman Camping Tent (sure there are fancier ones like this glamping safari tent, but we prefer the tried and true with a touch of nostalgia)
• Comfortable Camp Chair (cup holders are key around our campfire, which is why we also love this one if you can be assured a strong tree bough or this one if design trumps everything)
• Falcon Enamelware Mugs (a multitasking workhouse that can serve as a bowl for granola and yogurt breakfasts topped with local honey or as a hot chocolate vessel)
• Stanley Thermos (you really don’t have to go without a good cup of coffee while in the backcountry and this thermos will keep it warm for hours)
• S’mores Fixings (we’ve got you covered here, with homemade Vanilla Marshmallows, our own Graham Crackers, and top-notch Compartes Chocolates that can all be picked up on your way out of town).